Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Healthy and Sweet Snack

Here at Faith Foundations Family Child Care, I offer healthy meals and snacks. I also know a special bit of sweetness is a must. Today we are having homemade chex mix. This is simple and affordable to make. I have to admit, I had a bit of fun taking these pictures. Can you identify the close ups?

What You Need:

6 Cups Various Chex Cereals
1 Cup Pretzels
1 Cup Milk Chocolate Chips
1 Cup Craisins or Raisins
1 Cup Goldfish
1 Cup of Chezits
 (Mix all of these)

The Drizzle:

2 TBS Butter
2 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Ginger
2 TBS Maple Syrup
1/4 C Brown Sugar

Melt the butter and then whisk the remaining ingredients together. Slowly drizzle the sauce over the chex mix. Mix as you drizzle. I took two bowls and gave it all a good shake. Let sit to dry for 10 minutes and there you go.















No comments:

Post a Comment